Thursday, February 2, 2017

#BAUniC at zero cost economy

#BAUniC at zero cost economy

A message from the founder of #BAUniC

At the current stage of world's development we have tools and resources at our disposal that allow us to do almost anything software related for free. Accepting, and without going into the debate of, 'sometimes it is better to pay for a better working program than go for the open source free tool', #BAUniC is the open source version, born out of the zero cost economy of 21'st century Earth, to find/play/explore fractal universes.

Because the mathematical universe needs to be explored, and uncomfortable concepts (such as the wave function that never collapses) need to be tackled instead of hiding our head in the sand.

I am putting volunteering work at obsessive self-sacrifice of time and attention. The cause deserves it.

But I am NOT going to put money into the system!

My reasons:
Stubbornness and common sense (justifications);

Stubbornness:
I am putting my work into this. If you have a mouth (fingers) to complain that I am not putting more of my resources into it (that is, money for the prizes), taha, ,You,, are saying that, (you know who you are in specific, but if it burns you in generic, so be it). I am saying you are putting nothing into it, and when the revolution comes you will gain along.
And, to the issue that 'it is my project after all'... well, I am doing this because nobody else is doing it, but our world needs this. A cause more important than personal comfort, as I see it. Our world needs a higher bar for out-of-the-box thinking, and a lower entry bar so enthusiasts can play around without needing a long list of titles and scientific papers full of watery words beforehand.

Justifications:
Minimum daily wage where I live is comparable to minimum hourly wage of neighbouring countries. It would be a waste of my time/life to be putting money rewards into #BAUniC, while diminishing my personal financial stability, achieved through a minimalist way of life and willpower to change what translates into pleasurable experience for what costs on time and money.
And #BAUniC needs time and attention, techies and organizers, experts or enthusiasts, rather than money.
And a focus on the money may attract the wrong kind of collaborators, including but not limited to: 'more more more, and if not running, give it up' kind of people, which is not the way to go for the peace needed to work on formulas of the universe. Or 'pump-and-dump startup entrepreneurs', or 'if it does not make money, it is a trashworthy idea'-industrialists, even though it WILL change the world!!

Sorry for the rant. I needed to get that out of my chest.

Thank you for reading.

Please join us and help bring #BAUniC to the attention of our civilization.


No comments:

Post a Comment